Thursday, February 21, 2008

I really am trying to post more, Honest!

Can you say sick? We sure can. It's been a couple of weeks and I'm pretty sure we've all been sick for pretty much that ENTIRE time. While James and Jayden seem to have recovered well, Jason and I feel as miserable as ever. Poor Izzy still has green crap coming out of his nose. Although, Jayden and Izzy are declared relatively healthy after their checkups this past Monday.

Last week I was SO busy. Oh my word. On Tuesday it FINALLY died down a bit, with me just having to work. The laundry is finally looking like it hasn't been done in years, the living room is beginning to come together. I got the curtain rods for the girls' room, now if I could just find the motivation to go up there and finish the last little bit that needs to be done. I also need to make their curtains.

I am finding myself with very little motivation to do these things lately. Not sure what it is, I just don't have the ooomph to go do it. The stuff needs to be done, I know that, I just am lacking the fire under my ass to get it done.

On a different note, I'm pretty sure that I've finally gotten through to Jason about his need to go back to school. Of coarse he doesn't want to, no one does. His degree is in photography at the moment. Not much can be done with that kind of degree in this area, even during GOOD economic times. For me to pursue my degree, it would take us paying for daycare out of pocket, along with me no longer working. For Jason to pursue his degree, it would require me working a little less, and to not pay for daycare, and his financial aid would help offset the lost funds of me working.

Jason is always telling me that he wants to earn more. This makes total sense to me. I always ask in return "what do you want to do?" and he never knows. He honestly doesn't know what he wants to be when he grows up. Jason has amazing artistic talent. However, he doesn't want to do graphic design, it is a bit repetitious. Oh, and he'd need a degree in that. Or illistration. There is no market for that really around here, and he'd need a degree in that as well. Right now, Jason is qualified to work in retail and in a metal fab shop. That's about it. There isn't much money to be made in either of those fields.

I think Jason would make an awesome art teacher. Either elementary or high school. Middle school would be ok, but definately not a first choice. Because he already has a Bachelor's degree, getting the Education add on wouldn't be nearly as time consuming as starting out fresh. We'll keep talking it over, however I think I have found a fire for under his butt finally.

Lately, we've been trying to give James back his video game privelages. It only works so well. It seems that whenever he has them taken away he does much better behavior wise than when he has them as an option. I'm not sure why that is as it would seem the opposite should be true. Go figure.

Izzy will be 2 at the end of March. It's amazing to realize that much time has gone by already. I love the little guy, but he's a terror! He's certainly finding his mischevious stride! Though the talking is a slow coming, like I've said before, I'm pretty convinced that the growth of his hair some how co-relates to the growth of his speech abilities!

Me, personally, I am finding myself just worn out and down. I'm so very tired as of late. Everyone being sick on top of the rather hectic schedule is just weighing on me. I know I should exercise, it would probably help, but remember that lack of fire under my butt, yep it goes for the exercise thing too, go figure. I think it's pretty impressive that I'm posting here! I think to myself during the day about things I'd like to blog about, but then I just don't do it. I usually just spend my time playing on Pogo of all things.

No comments: