Thursday, January 22, 2009

What an Unusual Day

Wednesday was an odd day for me. It wasn't really any different than any other day, it just felt really odd.

I missed the bottom step of our basement stairs and fell and sprained my ankle. Jason was standing down there and he said it was a very scary thing to watch. It's pretty badly sprained, so much so that I got the crutches out today. Wrapping it isn't helping, so I'm not doing that. Thankfully, I can get away with using just the one crutch like a cane. Something to just help support me as I walk. I have a love hate relationship with my ankles after all. They love to hate me!

Jason got a job! He'll be working part time 3rd shift at a local gas station. When he interviewed for the job last week I asked him if he wanted to take a part time job like that or if he wanted to wait for his old job to call him back. He said he had no security with his old job anymore. He had been there for 3 years, and he wasn't advancing at all. Pretty soon he'd end up hitting the pay increase ceiling. He wanted to take the other job. He'll be able to keep part of his unemployment. Which is good for us. It also seems that my ex's pay or unemployment or whatever it is is FINALLY being garnished, so that is also a huge help to us.

The saga continues in trying to get Jayden diagnosed with ADD. She has to have an EEG done to make sure she isn't having seizures, and a blood draw to check for other things. MF Jenn is going to fill out the sheet that would normally be filled out by a teacher so we can get an outside 3rd opinion. She's putting together a really basic 30 minute lesson for her. I have a feeling, that 30 minutes is going to stretch in to at least an hour or more. Jayden continues to stall and fight and argue and all out avoid doing anything that really requires concentration and thinking. She'll start giving silly answers, when in fact I KNOW she knows them. Her teacher last year just kept telling me "she doesn't know the stuff" when she does know the stuff. That really disappointed me about the school district.

Jason was kind of having a fit about the kids being homeschooled. He couldn't see them learning so much, and admittedly him being home all the time AND the holidays threw us off a bit. We are getting back in the groove thankfully. I'm also continuously reminding Jason of the behaviors the kids would pick up if they were in school all the time. Homeschooling is definately the right choice for our family.

Izzy will be going to preschool next year however. He'll be able to have speech therapy for 5 days a week, and be immersed in a concentrated learning environment like that. He really needs something more because his speech is still severely delayed. He understands what we are saying, however he has serious issues when it comes to communicating back to us. We have taught him many signs, however he really doesn't use them unless prompted. There is very little spontaneous communication coming from Izzy.

I'm working on becoming more organized. Well at least cleaning up the clutter. According to my therapy goals, I should be doing a 1/2 hour every day. So far, I've done that once this week. Change takes time, but it also takes effort. Effort sucks by the way. It requires so much, well effort! Anyway, instead of bitching I should just do, and I'm working on it.

That's all for now. I realize my poor little blog has been somewhat neglected lately. I'll be trying to post more regularly, at least 3 times a week. The writing helps me refocus on what needs to be done.

Oh, I'm 11 weeks and 1 day pregnant now. It's finally begun to sink in that this may actually work, it's either that or I'm seriously psychosematic! I have my firt appointment with a midwife next tuesday and next friday I have a blood draw and ultra sound.

Prayers and blessings everyone, I hope you all have wonderful weekends!

No comments: