Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'd Like to Introduce...

...as the newest members of the Serial Household...

As Baby A we have Jack David. He was measuring 19 weeks and 6 days. His placenta is in the front of the uterus, which can make it more difficult to feel him moving around. It also explains why where he is laying looks so much bigger compared to where Baby B is.

Jason is debating about calling him Jack. He likes the name, however he doesn't feel that Jack really is a "baby" name. Jason was thinking of calling him Davie, or something like that. Audra suggested using the initials, J.D. Me, I'm not too keen on either of those ideas. I don't like using middle names as first names. If I wanted to use the name as the first name, it would be the first name. The same goes with initials as names. I know Jason orginally wanted David as the first name. I nixed it. I like the name, however I don't like it THAT much.

Jack is my grandfather's name. Jack is my brother's name. Jack is also about 7 other family members from my mom's side, all of whom we see rarely, if ever at all. In fact, the last time I saw any of them was when my grandfather (the same Jack) was married when Jayden was about 7 or 8 months old. My siblings aren't using the name Jack. I thought it'd be a nice tribute, especially considering that the babies will be born right around my grandfather's birthday. Izzy has Jason's middle name. The same middle name also happens to belong to Jason's dad, and Jason's grandfather. Jason's dad's name is David. So, to me at least, we have the "name the child after the grandfather" thing covered and I didn't feel the real need to do it a 2nd time with having David as a first name.

I figure I'll call him Jack. The kids will call him Jack. My family will call him Jack. If nothing else, he'll grow up wondering how come his dad can't get his name right!



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And as Baby B we have Abbey Michelle. Now for those that know is IRL, you may or may not understand the full import of having a daughter with the first name Abbey and our last name. I'm going to sum it up simply by saying that Abbey is ALL Beatles tribute. Abbey was measuring at 20 weeks and 1 day. Her placenta is to the back.

I honestly thought that the babies were reversed and that the boy was the "bigger" baby. There isn't much difference in their size, and they are right on target for my 20 week mark, which is when the ultrasound took place.

This is where I made my compromise in naming our children. I really liked the name Maxine. However, Jason has said that for as long as he could remember, he would want a daughter named Abbey so that she could be that Beatles tribute. Yes, we are freaks, let's move on, shall we? So after much discussion with myself, not internal mind you, I talk outloud when I'm speaking, and debating, and yes, I debate outloud with myself too, it's not like the kids are actually listening to what I'm saying, I decided that I would give up Max and agree to Abbey.

Now to me, Abbey was a great compromise for Jack. Which I guess is why I'm upset (is it really upset or more disturbed? eh, who cares about the semantics of it) that Jason doesn't even want to use Jack's first name. I gave up a perfectly good name for another name that I kind of love so he could have a tribute that, to me, is kind of goofy and hokey. How many are taking bets that I win this one? Yeah, I wouldn't bet against me either.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It certainly seems that dreams do come true, oddly enough. Prayers and blessings everyone. I hope that, even with disagreement, your dreams do come true.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The babes are precious! The name Jack David immediately reminded me of Steeleye Span's Black Jack Davey, though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZzmPbzwZ1o

Course that made me like the name more, lol.

Swistle said...

Oh! Oh oh oh! They are so sweet, and I love their names! Oh, this is so exciting!

Todd said...

I like both of those names. Then again, I'm not all that picky. We named our daughter after a soap opera character and our son after a tv sitcom star. *grin*