Wednesday, March 18, 2009

James Caught a Mouse

With his bare hands at that!!! This afternoon he came downstairs with said mouse in his hand. He was holding the sucker by the tail and the mouse was dangling upside down there. I almost felt bad for the mouse, ALMOST.

I had James take him to the very back of our yard and toss it in to the neighbors yard in a pile of leaves. Maybe the little thing would find it's way in to someone else's house!

I had James wash his hands as soon as he came inside. He told me it bit him, so I took a look at the "damage". Being that it was a tiny little mouse, possibly less than a year old, though I have no idea how big grown mice get, it barely punctured the first couple layers of skin. No bleeding took place. I called the doc's office, just to be sure that he wouldn't need any shots. He's up to date on his shots (James, not the mouse) and as far as they know, mice usually don't carry rabies. Considering there was no bleeding, he should be OK.

Jason said that James is the only boy that he knows of who is better than the cats at catching the mice, especially considering our cats are worthless at doing it!

Not to be outdone, Ringo (the cat) caught a mouse later in the evening. I didn't take a look at that one, so I don't know if it was alive or dead when James tossed it out. Up until now, Ringo has been absolutely worthless at catching mice. Maybe he just needed to see that the mice are NOT welcome guests and that getting rid of them is a very GOOD thing indeed.

Prayers and blessings everyone. I hope that all the little critters in your home belong there, and if not, you have cats (or boys) who are able to catch them and rid your home of them!

1 comment:

Todd said...

LOL. Who'd a thunk it, eh? *smile* Now you've got two mouse catchers. Awesome and Congratulations!!