Sunday, February 22, 2009

Conversations with Jayden

Tonight, I was sitting at the computer, playing away on Pogo, Canasta as it were, and Jayden was talking at me, and me, being an A1 Mommy was half assed listening. Here is an excerpt or two or three from our conversation.

"Why did the cookie go to the doctor?"
"I don't know, why?"
"Because he was feeling crumby"

"OK. Was that a joke?"
"No, that was the answer, it really was!"


"When I get to be a grown up I'm going to buy Fruit Punch just like that." I was pouring a glass of fruit punch.
"Um, OK"
"And I'm going to get some money"
"Where are you going to get some money from?"
"From my husband."

"Huh"
"Well, maybe not. Maybe I'll go to the store and buy some stuff and then people will give me the money back."
"You have to have a job in order to make money"
"Oh, then I'm going to work at the zoo."



Jayden was standing there, just chattering away, and I ask my usual question.
"Jayden, do you ever stop talking?"
"When you tell me to I do"

"What about on your own? Can you stop talking on your own?"
"Nope. If I were a robot you could shut me up with a remote, but I'm NOT! Isn't that silly, me being a robot?!"

"Yep."
"I'm not a robot though. I'm a human being. Though some times animals says "beans" instead of "beings" and that's funny too. Like that movie with Toto and the bean."
"You mean Frodo and the bean? Like Veggie Tales?"
"Yeah that one...." and that's where I blocked her out.

The point of all of this is stop and listen to what the kids are saying some times, even when they are just blah blah blahing your ear off. You may get some interesting and funny conversations out of it. By the way, I didn't realize Jayden actually KNEW that humans were human BEINGS. That's pretty cool. Prayers and blessings everyone. Have a great week.

2 comments:

Todd said...

She sounds so cute.

Mrs. G. said...

I remember one time I told my young daughter she was driving me CRAZY. And she said, "No, I'm not mommy, I'm driving you HAPPY."