Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I've been working having something to post about. I'll get back to it soon, I promise. Life is just a bit discombobulated lately, especially with Jason home during the days, though that is working itself out with him sleeping during the day to be on a 3rd shift schedule. On to the Thankfulness!

I'm thankful that I currently have heat because I certainly don't have water! At about 11:30 tonight (still on Wed here folks) I heard a hissing noise from our bathroom. Jason inspected it and thought it was the sink. He then went downstairs and saw our hot water heater gushing water from the hose on top! The only way he could figure out how to shut the water off to it was to turn all the water in the house off!

I'm thankful I don't have to pay the plumber to fix the water heater! Thankfully, ironically, we haven't bought the house yet (and in this market, another good reason to keep renting!) so we have a landlord to call and have him send the guy out to fix it for us, after all, that's what we pay rent for, right?

I'm thankful we get Jason's unemployment tomorrow so that we can give our landlord some money. He always does appreciate those twice weekly (it's easier for us to budget to pay him that way) checks he gets!

I'm thankful my kids are unique and wonderful individuals who don't feel pushed or shaped in to anything they aren't. Though I really do wish Izzy would get over his whole tornado phase. I always thought my previous kids were tornadoes, but trust me, they have NOTHING on Izzy!

I'm thankful Jason has a job, even if it is just 3 nights a week. It's a job and it makes him feel more useful and fulfilling of his "duties". Not to mention him sleeping all day keeps him out of my hair so I can run the heathens as I normally would. Things just go smoother with Mommy in charge.

I'm thankful we had such nice weather this week. I was able to open up the windows for three of the days and really air out the house and help refresh things in here. I wasn't able to open every window as most of them still have plastic over them and I know Michigan and we'll keep getting that wintery weather. However the ones I was able to open, even the front door and screen, was nice and helpful. I even opened one up in the playroom upstairs!

I suppose that is all for now folks. I'm going to try to get back in the habit of posting somewhat regularly. You may get a lot of posts talking about my pregnancy, but it's the big thing for me right now! Prayers and blessings everyone, I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week!

No comments: