Friday, September 26, 2008

More Than a Month Later...

Well, it's been more than a month and I have TOTALLY slacked off until now. Well, not totally, but definately quite a bit. I have my weight consistently below 280, which is great. However, I haven't done any exercise or anything like that until now to do it. I've been eating less. Paying closer attention to when I am full. Trying to make sure I drink a lot more water and drink a lot less soda. That's it though.

Tonight was the first night I did concentrated exercise. Don't get me wrong. In the past month I have been trying a lot harder in a lot of aspects of my life. Doing more things myself, when before I would ask someone else to do it. Trying harder to get more housework done. Climbing up the stairs more frequently. Walking places. That kind of thing.

I have 2 videos that have 5 10 minute segments of exercise on them. They are designed so that the segments can be used individually or mixed and matched or all together as one long workout. I have one set that is Pilates and one that is Yoga. I did the yoga tonight. The 10 minute "beginner" yoga. Until I get back in the groove of doing yoga regularly (I used to) this will definately count for cardio too!

I want to get to the point where I am doing a pilates segement in the mornings, maybe up to 3 segments together even, and then a yoga sement, again eventually up to 3 segments together, at night. I'm not sure if I want to go for every day or not. I do think that once it becomes habit, I'll wind up doing it every day simply because it IS habit.

That is my next step. To make the exercise habit. My goal isn't to lose a ton of weight. OK, to most people it will be quite a bit of weight lost. However, I'm not shooting to be 135 or 140 pounds here. I'd like to see 200, or possibly 10 or 15 below that. I know I'd feel really good about what I have accomplished if I can do that, when I can do that.

I know that as I age, I will need to stay on top of my weight for the simple health reasons. There is so much that runs in my family, on both sides, that I can prevent just by being a healthier weight, and maintaining that weight. I also need to be a better role model for my kids. I want and need them to understand what HEALTHY is. Not as the media portrays it, but as life says it is. They need to see the work that it takes to be and remain healthy.

I will admit that I would like to be a "hot mom". By today's distorted standards, thanks in a great part to the media (all media, print, t.v., movies) I will never be the skinny waif beautiful. I do want to instill in my children a true sense of beauty. That women are beautiful in a lot of different shapes and sizes. That curves are good and sexy and you can't have curves unless you go under the knife and have them falsely put there or you have fat on your body.

I'm a work in progress, I admit that much is true. I will always be a work in progress, that I also understand. Right now happens to be a heavier construction period than at other periods.

Prayers and Blessings everyone. I'm sorry I missed Thankful Thursday. Life has been a little hectic around here this week.

No comments: