Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Fear

I was thinking about things, as I'm prone to do. Jason tells me I think too much, but I don't think so. Anyway, in my thinking I realize that I've allowed fear to really manipulate me. I've allowed that one feeling to prevent me from doing things I should have, could have. I've allowed it to intimidate me in to backing off. I've allowed it to dictate how I will act and react. Well I'm done with that. How can I say that I've lived my life to the best it could be if I allow something like fear dictate to me.

Don't get me wrong, a good amount of fear is good. It keeps you alive. It (hopefully) prevents you from doing REALLY stupid stuff, like putting that shotgun up to your head "just to see what will happen".

Fear has this way of taking control however that isn't healthy in the least. It makes you doubt yourself. How can a very obviously smart person NOT see in themself that they do have what it takes. Humans have been terrorized since they came about. Terrorized by the Nature, other humans, self made environments. We always overcome. That speaks so much about our abilities. And yet, so many of us allow fear to dictate to us when, in fact, it should be us dictating to fear.

So today, I want you to look at fear and say "you shall not rule me, I shall rule myself" and then I want you to do ONE thing that you have been afraid of.

By the way, my one thing is confronting my fear. By acknowledging that I even have fear, I have believed I am weak. Jason has taught me many many life lessons. One of them is that I am NOT weak. My emotions, and acknowledgement of them, and their perceived weakness, does not make me weak, in fact, it does the opposite, it makes me strong.

Good luck today, I'm sure you'll need it.

No comments: