Sunday, October 19, 2008

Almost Silent Sunday

This is going to be a regular Sunday happening around here. Pics from the week to go up on Sunday. Well, not JUST Sundays, but definately ON Sundays. For most ladies it is called "Silent Sunday". I'm just too much of a talker for that, so mine are Almost Silent Sundays. Thank you Brandi, over at My Mountain Morning, for the idea.

Today, we went to my mom's. While there, we went to a Corn Maze at New Salem Farms. Is it New Salem Farms or is that just the name of the maze? I have no idea. My mom was telling me that it was called New Salem because it's where the witches who were fleeing persecution during the Salem Witch Trials came to set up a new coven. I need to do more research to figure out how accurate that is or not.


As this is Almost Silent Sunday, I'll get on with the photos! We went to the maze with my sis, Katie, my nephew, Alex, my mom and step-dad, also known as Dad around here. Jason stayed home for an afternoon/evening of rest, relaxation, and cleaning.

We went in to the maze down at the bottom, by the teeth of the skull. We came out at the top, by the clouds. The above shots are taken from the bridge, which is the big white thing in the middle. We got to a false start. We got all kinds of turned around. Ironically, James was leading the way to begin with and he was going in the right direction! He thought we were in a completely different part of the maze, but he had us going the right way at least! The kids also each got a pumpkin and we'll be painting those this week.


The photos of the scarecrows and the hay bale creations are off center because I was taking them from the back of the wagon. We rode the wagon to the beginning of the maze and once we came out and picked our pumpkins, took the wagon back to the farm. I'll let the photos speak for themselves from this point. Enjoy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These pics look like the epitome of fall to me ~ brings back many memories of going to the pumpkin patch with my family when I was growing up!

So glad you joined me this week!

Blessings,
Brandi