Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday Morning and A Purse

Around these here parts, weekends mean I sleep in and Jason gets up with the kids. This includes breakfast on most occassions. On some days I can be persuaded to rise before 11 and make the coveted "Big Breakfast" myself. OK, persuaded isn't the right word. Having a 2 year old cry right outside your bedroom door (having your bedroom just off of the kitchen SUCKS some times) is well "persuasion" enough.

Jason is THE pancake maker in the house. I taught him how to make them long ago and in a galaxy far far away. Well, not quite like that. It was about 6 years ago. He's been making them ever since. Aside from pouring a mean bowl of cereal, it is his breakfast contribution to this family. Eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, breakfast bagels, all of that are all on me. On occassion Dad can be asked (read: BEGGED) to make pancakes. And he does an AWESOME job!

Photobucket

Photobucket

While Jason was standing there, watching the pancakes cook with an every present mind, I asked him to model Katy's purse for me. He has always been a good sport, and ever so goofy and laugh inducing while he was at it! It is the style that I am using when I make the winner's purse. Oh wait, no one has entered! Jenn has said she wanted to win. She thinks she should get a 2nd one. What do you think?

Photobucket

Photobucket

The purse won't be in the same color for the simple reason of I'm rather sure I don't have enough of that color left. I was thinking a soft rose and cream. I have a lot of those colors. Or a variegated blue bucle. Yeah, I know, if you don't know yarn, that makes NO sense. It's SUPER soft and SUPER pretty.

Prayers and blessings on your weekends everyone. I'm being called to the table to enjoy the pancakes now. Maybe tomorrow we'll do Big Breakfast Mommy Style?

No comments: