Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Oddball That Is Me

OK, this post was COMPLETELY inspired by Miss Britt. She was posting how she went to the photo shoot for the Hottest Blogger Calendar. I'll end up buying one, just to have it by my desk.

She was talking about how she just didn't know what to do with herself in front of the camera. I completely sympathize with this plight. I don't know how to act "natural" with someone staring at me, with this huge APPARATUS pointing at me. I feel so critiqued and bored in to with the staring eye of that camera. So I end up being silly and goofy. Every freekin' time. So here is a sampling of me, and that silliness. You can kind of tell how old they are by the age reference of Jayden. I'll start with the newest pics and work my way back, with a briefest of brief description before each group.

First off is our most recent endeavor in the realm of family portraits. I posted a couple of weeks ago the digi versions of those. We got the film back this past Friday. These are definately some of the more silly shots, at least containing ME.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next up we have me modeling the dress that I bought for my sister's bridal shower. Keep in mind that my darling younger sister isn't getting married until April of 2009. The very END of April at that. The bridal shower will be at the end of March. However, I was out shopping one evening, escaping from the kids. I was at the mall, and I went to Dress Barn, where Jenn works. I found a $50 for $20. It is linen and PERFECT for the Tea Party theme that I have in mind for the shower. So I bought it. I tried it on and I realized I have a LOT of slimming that I need to do in order to make it fit better. Because I was SO uncomfortable, I once again acted silly as all get out. This is what happened because of that.

Photobucket

How about weddings? That is a time for serious faces. Thinking about the futur ahead and all that folderall, right? Um, WRONG! Again, the camera comes my way and I'm acting the fool! To follow are pics from my own wedding. Yes, we were married on a bridge over a waterfall. I also made my dress and did a great deal of *assisting* with Teresa's dress. The last photo is at my younger brother's wedding. He would be the really tall guy all in black. My mom was saying "Damnit you guys, I want a NICE photo!"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

More posed photos later. Jason was trying SO hard to get some nice ones of me. I really wanted them done. However, that whole "stage fright" thing set in, and when I get I get nervous or scared, out comes the sillies!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Of coarse, last but not least. These photos were taken on the day that Jason formally proposed. AWWW. We were sitting out front documenting Jayden's extreme cuteness with her very first S'More. Me, I'm pretending the camera just isn't there. After all, isn't that what you are SUPPOSED to do? Don't mind the fat and all of that. It was HOT and HUMID and after 4 kids, it's what a body looks like.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Remember, life is to be lived to the fullest, silliness and all. In fact, the more silly and goofy you are, I think it shows the more fun you are having. Prayers and blessings everyone. Enjoy the rest of your week, and make sure to take the time to laugh, be silly, goof off, and get it on film!

1 comment:

Miss Britt said...

OMG, we need to start our own Flickr Group!!