Sunday, October 12, 2008

Family Pics and House Repairs

This next week brings us Oct. 15. On the 15th, there will be a home inspection. Houses for rent need to be inspected annually to ensure that they are habitable. At least that's how they do it here. So there is a last mad dash and scramble to get things cleaned up (BLECH) and repaired. My dad is over today to repair the front door and the ceiling upstairs. Both things he said he would do.

I have been doing all right with adding exercise to my schedule. I'm accomplishing on average at least one 10 minute segment of pilates or yoga a day. I'm really trying to make it consistently both. Once I am comfortably ensconed in that, I'll be extending the sessions, working my way up to 30 minutes a day for each. Every so often I take a day off, I'm working on keeping that from being habit as well. It's so hard sometimes to start back up after a day off, and I don't want to lose the flow that I've been getting.

We did family pics in the park yesterday. I'm trying to decide if I want to post them all here or not. Who am I kidding, of coarse I do. So without further ado, family pics. I do need to say that most of the pics that are blurry were done by either James or Katy. The one of the 4 of them, I did, but I was also distracted trying to get James to cooperate and Izzy to just sit there. Jason took film pics too, so I'm hoping that those will have turned out better.

The weather was gorgeous thankfully. Of coarse, I wanted pics taken in sweaters and it was 80 degrees! I had everyone put on shirts under their sweaters so they could take off the hot shirts when they weren't needed in pics. We didn't get any of Jason and the girls, or me and each kid, or Jason and each kid, like I want to get, but we can always do it again later.

Izzy really was having nothing of taking the pics. It's why he's always crying or frowning. James wasn't too pleased either until Katy knocked over Jayden to see if that would make him smile. It worked, in fact it made him break out laughing! Jason got some pics of Izzy on the slide, so I'm hoping those turned out well enough to not need to try to do another photo shoot with Izyy.

A lot of people tell me that the girls look like me. I find this funny. I know that they resemble me, it's inevitable after all. I think Katy is the most beautiful girl I've ever known and that Jayden will grow up to be quite a looker. However, I don't see myself this way at all, and that is what makes the comparison of how I look compared to them funny in my eyes. I know Jason would disagree with me.

As you can see, it was a gorgeous day. The fall colors are starting to come out in full force around here. Sitting there in the park, watching the kids play, looking at all the beauty surrounding me reminded me of why I don't want to move from this state. No matter the economic issues or anything like that, fall and winter are really my favorite times of year and I won't give those up for an all year 'round sunshine fest.

Prayers and blessings everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing weekend to be able to start off the week on a fresh foot.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: