Sunday, November 2, 2008

Almost Silent Sunday

Well, as you all know, Halloween was this past week. We ventured out with all of the goblins, ghouls, witches, pirates, kings, and princesses (why are the girls always princesses and NOT queens? Just curious) to go begging house to house for that coveted treat that is in the rarest form around this house, CANDY!

James is a Pirate. His own choice. His boots are left over from when Jason and I did a season (or was it 1/2 a season?) on the Renn Faire Circuit with
Swords of Valour. I have some pics with them, maybe I'll put those up later this month when I'm searching for post topics. Anyway, I digress as usual. I went everywhere looking for a BROWN pirate hat and I finally found one at KMart. I was going to make his costume, however the current Bane of My Existence, also known as our dining room, never was cleaned (yeah, that's ALL me) so MF Jenn bought it for him. Thanks Aunt Jenn!

Jayden is a Fairy. The pink and blue is a costume I made a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. It's actually about 6 years old. It has been passed from girl to girl as dress up clothes. Jayden wanted to be a fairy, so she wore that. The skirt on it is rather short, so I bought her a 2nd wrap around skirt to go over it. The wings come from her "personal collection". She owns three pair after all. She's a collector of wings I guess you could say!

Izzy is wearing a Jester's costume. It is something that I originally made for James when he was 4. He wore it that year for Halloween. It has a matching hat (that we can't find right now), and it DID have bells, however they all came off in the wash OR Izzy yanked them off. I didn't bother to replace them because Izzy would have yanked them off all over again.

I must apologize in advance for the rolly polly belly and the multiple pictures of my butt in baggy jeans. I was walking, Jason was photo taking. I do like the sweater however. I got two of them, one in that green, and one in a soft rose pink. They were $12 a piece at Wal-Mart.

On to the photos!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Prayers and blessings everyone, I hope that your coming week is wonderful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, they all look so cute! I love homemade costumes, they are the best kind! My fondest memories of Halloween when I was a kid come from the costumes that my mother took the time to make. It's a great gift you give to your kids.