Monday, November 10, 2008

The Things That Come to Mind

I'm a thinker. My brain just doesn't shut off. I don't sleep overly sound. I wake up a few times in the night usually. My point is that I'm constantly thinking of things. Things I want to do, things I want to post, that kind of thing.

At this moment, these are things I'm thinking. Hey, it's Nablopomo folks, you should EXPECT randomness like this!

Jason needs to take more pics of the family. I need to take more pics of the family. We have a great camera but we hardly ever use it. I think a lot of the kids' lives are getting left behind as memories and not being documented. I'm never in the pics, nor Jason. So we need more pics of each other too. We used to take pics all the time. I wonder why we stopped?

Everyone has issues with their In-Laws. It's just how it goes. Why? I have a theory. We go all of our lives with our family. Our mom and dad and aunts and uncles and siblings and grandparents and cousins and what not. That is our family. When we become seriously involved with someone else, either in a very long term committed relationship or legal marriage, the other person's family is SUDDENLY our own. We have all these NEW people who have their own way of doing things, of saying things, of thinking and being, and we are told "This is your family now. Treat them as you would your own." It's SO hard to do that.

In your own family, the one you grew up with, your personalities may clash. Hell, they WILL clash. However, you grow up with "You can't choose your family". So you deal with it. You have your whole life to learn how to handle the clashes. You learn what to say or not to say, how to behave, that kind of thing. With In-Laws, you don't have your whole life to adapt. You are given no warning. You don't know if you'll clash or not. You'll be yourself, and find out that it rubs one or some or all of them in a way that you just didn't intend. You will go about doing your "usual" thing and find out someone takes serious offense with it. You weren't trying to upset or offend, you just didn't know. You are a stranger to them, and they to you. It leads to all kinds of stress and strife for your partner. After all, it is THEIR family causing the issues. Very rarely do we stand up and say "You know, I could of handled that differently and I take the blame. " It's usually more like "YOUR family is crazy/insane/stupid/etc..." Maybe if we all just stood up and said "I'm sorry I don't get along with so-and-so. I will try harder in the future." I think it'd bring a lot more peace to everyone.

I love to bake. I hate the clean up. I'd LOVE a Kitchen Aid mixer, one with a bread hook along with the mixing beaters. I'd make so much bread! It's a dream, on the list of things I'd like to get someday. Maybe with our income tax return this year. Maybe not, I don't know yet. I think it will depend on what else we need to pay, what else needs the money infusion. I know I have my sister's wedding that I need to set aside money for. The bridal shower, the dress, the bachelorette party, etc. It's a nice dream at least.

I hate to clean. It sucks. It almost seems like a pointless endeavor. I mean, why am I cleaning? It's just going to get trashed again by one of the kids, usually the youngest and the one that disciplining is least effective with. *SIGH* I KNOW it NEEDS to be done, but that doesn't make me more inclined to WANT to do it.

ChaCha. It's work. The people using it ask silly questions. Stupid questions. Lots and lots of sex related questions. Can people REALLY be THAT clueless about the sexual things they are asking, or are they just asking to see if they can get an answer? All the questions get answered by the way. Sometimes I answer questions, but more often than not, I send them off to someone else to answer. It's a way to earn some money from home and I'm not going to argue with it.

Why is life so tiring lately? Why is it wearing me down so damn much. Jason says it's because I'm tired. Why am I so tired I asked. He said because I take care of the kids all the time. I can very much see that. Oh, and the messy house makes me tired just looking at it. Go figure. Jason said if I spent 1/2 as much time CLEANING as I did BITCHING about cleaning.....yeah, well, not cleaning means I don't need to clean it AGAIN, so .

Prayers and blessings everyone. I hope this week finds you well.

No comments: