Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

The only shopping I did on Black Friday was to go to Target at 3 in the afternoon to pick up Playdoh for Izzy, and some dryer sheets. Target had a set of Playdoh that came in a bag with 4 cans and 10 toys for $6. I also picked up a basic 4 can set of Playdoh, to start working with Izzy now. The one with the toys is for Christmas.

We put up the tree tonight. More accurately, I put up the tree. I put it all together and then strung the lights. I let the kids put all the decorations on themselves. Jason was in the living room to take pics, of which he managed quite a few of my rear end, and to help wrangle a very curious Izzy.

Katy and Emily did an excellent job of entertaining Izzy. Katy kept swinging him up on her legs, it seems to be a really popular game now. Emily spent some time playing with the blocks with him. Toward the end of their antsiness, while I was finishing up the last of the lights, they all decided to go spinning around in circles. It was a mad house I tell you!

First up was playing with the lights. At one point or another, I had everyone watching over my shoulder. I'm not really sure WHY that was the case, but what I was doing was interesting to all of them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This next photo is just a random one of me that looks really odd. Jason said he was trying to use the natural light, not the flash, and this is what came of it. I told him I looked like a ghost, but he missed the reference I guess because he was pointing the shadows BEHIND me when he mentioned a "ghost".

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's now time to play Up, Up, and Away with Izzy! Katy did this with him for what seemed like hours, at least to her I'm sure, but was in reality only a few minutes. The other kids were trying like crazy to get Katy's attention while she was doling it out to the youngest of the bunch!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jason decided it was time to check back in with me to see what kind of progress I was making. After all, when my part was done, he could leave and go hide away from all the crazies somewhere!

Photobucket

Emily took a turn with Izzy. Playing blocks seemed to entertain them both, for at least a little bit. I'm not sure where the other 3 disappeared to during this time. You'd think that they would have been shoving themselves in front of the camera!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally we get to them freaking out like the crazies that they are! I'm not sure who started it, though I have a sneaking suspicion is was Jason and Izzy, but they all ended up spinning in circles so many times they couldn't stand up!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I leave you dear readers with this thought. Even though the youngest and oldest may get along, there will always be strife in the middle, as can be witnessed by this telling photo. Prayers and blessings everyone, I hope you have a great and relaxing weekend!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The ghost is in the corner of the dining room. That is a pretty cool picture though. And let katy know she will look a lot more intimidating if she isn't laughing!

Todd said...

Looks like a really busy day. The decorations look good though.