Sunday, November 9, 2008

This Was Going to be a Different Post.

I'm not doing Almost Silent Sunday this week. I might put photos up later this week to compensate. This was going to be a different post. About accepting the things in others we don't care for and all of that. However, I'm making it short and sweet. I may come back later today, or wait until after midnight, and do the accepting post.

Right now, we have 1000's of troops deployed overseas. There just isn't anything to be done about that. I don't support the decisions of those in charge to send our troops out there. I think they were VERY misplaced. That being said, I DO support our troops. They are giving themselves to do what so many of us don't want to do, don't even want to think about. They are sacrificing their home lives, and some times even their physical lives, to go over, where they are told, and do a job that they have been told needs to be done.

All of these soldiers need our love and support. They need to know they are appreciated and cared for. Some of them don't have anyone sending them letters and emails and care packages. Why that is, I don't know.

For quite some time, I have been trying to find a way to match up with a soldier to show my support. To send those letters and emails and care packages. To let them know they are loved and cared for and very much appreciated for what they are doing. I finally found the place to do it.

Adopt a U.S. Soldier is what I found. They paired me up with a soldier by the name of Diana. I'll be sending her a letter later this week. I'm going to have the kids draw some pics of what they think soldiers do. I'll send a care package once a month.

According to the site, there usually isn't an overabundance of soldiers, however there is RIGHT NOW. Please, go to the site and sign up. Show our troops that they have the support, love, respect, and care of those they serve. After all, they are serving us. They signed up to keep our country free. No matter if you agree with where those troops are sent, they are doing it of their own free will. Our military is 100% voluntary. Show those men and women you appreciate the sacrifices they are making for us. Show them that you care.

Prayers and blessings everyone. Enjoy your freedoms. Show your support.

No comments: