Sunday, November 23, 2008

Almost Silent Sunday

I'm going to admit that I've been slack. You are going to notice that suddenly I'll have posts for the past week up all at once. Sorry about that, but I've been in a funk, so here is something new.

Jason and I went out on Friday. The dinner was good. The symphony was boring. Not to mention the climbing 4 flights of stairs in heels. The seats were way far up, which in all honesty, isn't such a bad thing, at least as far as going to the symphony is concerned. That being said, the Kalamazoo Symphony leaves something to be desired. I don't know if half of them were sick or what. There around 50 string instruments. And then the rest.

Let me see. 2 Flutes. 2 Clarinets. 2 Oboes. 2 Bassoons. 3 Trombones. 1 Tuba. 2 Trumpets. 4 French Horns. 1 Percusionist, who only played the timpani. Yeah. I KNOW that with the symphony the strings will outnumber the rest of the instruments, but this seems a bit scarce to me.

So here are pics from the evening. Getting ready and all of that. No, I'm not sure why my face looks so white in the last two photos, I SWEAR it didn't look that way in the mirror in the bathroom. Ah well. No one said anything in person, so either they weren't paying that much attention or it really didn't look like that. I like the dress that I wore. Katie Ann saw it and said it would be perfect for her wedding if I wanted to wear it there, so WOOHOO on that, I don't need to buy a new one now. Looking at the pics, I don't look as pretty as I felt for some reason. Or maybe that is my perception. Who knows.

Here is the first. My hair, from the front/side, and my ever present can of Mt. Dew. I got the curls by putting it in bobby pins the night before and leaving it until about 3 in the afternoon on Friday. Hence the name "pin curls".

Photobucket

Here are my clothes, all layed out on the bed. Don't mind the mess on the floor. I made the shawl myself. It has a crochet stitch that I took from a sweater pattern. I made up the dimensions of the shawl as I went.

Photobucket

Here is the jewelry. What can I say, we took a lot of pics with the getting ready process. I made the brown necklace. The grey/black pearls are a gift from Jason last Christmas. I made the bracelet as well. That is mood beads. A cool thing I got from my day trip to Shipshewana. The earrings are gold and silver from Avon. The pin is silver and glass crystals that I have had for ages. I picked it up when we were doing the Renn Faire stuff for a summer (1/2 summer?).

Photobucket

This is Jason. He got angry with me on Thursday night because I was on his case about what he was going to wear. I'd been asking him all week. I figured he'd better figure it out Thursday night so that it could be washed and/or ironed before we needed to walk out the door on Friday. Considering all of our "dressy" type stuff is in tubs in the basement, it was a good call.

Photobucket

Here I am doing my makeup. Like I said, a lot of pics. If you look, my face is NOT all whited out. I don't know why it did that in the final pics. Kind of annoys me really. Oh well. You can see the back of my hair. It's not all curled because it's too short. I have discovered that while I would LOVE to have long sexy hair, it just annoys me as soon as it touches my neck. So long on top and tiered/layered/wedged in the back it is.

Photobucket

These are the last two pics. The first is obviously just me. The 2nd is Jason and I. My sis did the honors. Pay no mind to my orangeish skin and white face. Jason tried to fix my face in Photoshop and unfortunately you can't just add red tones to just one part of the photo. Or so I understand. It was WHITER. Oh well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Prayers and blessings everyone, I hope that you had a pleasent weekend. Did you get your dinner stuff together for the big meal on Thursday? I bought the Turkey, everything else is being bought on Wednesday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great pictures Jamie.