Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tasty Tuesday and Voting Too!

We voted. We made a family affair of it. We walked over to our polling place. We didn't have to wait very long at all. James and Jayden looked at our ballots. It made a little more sense to James because of what we had been working on, elections, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, voting, that kind of thing. I showed him where you could write in the name you wanted. He confirmed that mine and Jason's ballots looked exactly the same. We all got stickers and came home.

I made donuts on Sunday or Monday night. I used the left over dough from the first batch that I had made. These pics are in chronological order. Jayden kept wanting to help. She and James got to roll the dough a bit, and they each pressed out some of the circles. The pics should tell the story. I didn't take any pics when I originally made the dough. They were good when they were first done, but seemed to go stale quicker than other donuts I've had. It was my first time and I learned a lot. I even learned some stuff that I'll be trying the next time around. I covered the donuts in powdered sugar when they were done cooling. I think next time I'm going to try to fill them with pudding.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Prayers and blessings everyone. I hope you enjoyed your Tuesday. Go eat a donut for me!

No comments: